I love Italian food and we have a lot of fun trying out little Italian restaurants around town our favorites are Trattoria Lucca and Wild Olive. The first time that I try an Italian place, I love getting the Chicken Parmesan. It is a timeless classic and I think its a great measure of a restaurant’s yuminess.
But, you know that little chefs like us have to have our own recipe!
1lb chicken breasts
1 jar red sauce (Sean prefers creamy vodka sauce)
1/2 jar Alfredo sauce (optional)
8oz shredded mozerella cheese
Parmesan cheese, to taste
1 box pasta (we used a mix of spaghetti and pasta spirals, for fun!)
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack an egg in a bowl. Use a fork to scramble it up. In a second bowl, mix together bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg and coat thoroughly.
- Dip the wet chicken into the breadcrumb mixture. Place each piece of meat on a greased baking sheet. If you have any left over bread crumbs, distribute them evenly over your chicken breasts.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Pour 1/2 of the jar of red sauce into a large casserole dish. Transfer the chicken breasts from the cookie sheet to the casserole dish. Top with the remaining red sauce and mozzarella cheese. Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- While that’s in the oven, bring water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- Strain the pasta and mix with Alfredo sauce and Parmesan cheese. Remove the chicken from the oven and place on top of pasta on your plates. Top with the red sauce and Parmesan cheese!
This recipe takes a lot of baking time but is really very easy. We put it in the oven and then went for a run. Then I made the change, hopped in the shower, and it was almost ready by the time I was!
What’s your go to Italian dish?