One of my favorite, go to salad recipes is the Waldorf chicken salad. However, all that mayo can be pretty fatty. I decided to try to re-vamp the recipe using plain greek yogurt as a substitute.
WHAT YOU NEED:
For the Aioli:
1 container plain greek yogurt
1 T lemon juice
garlic (I use pre-minced kind- 1/2 t)
salt and pepper
1 lb chicken breast
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup crasins
3/4 an apple, chopped
WHAT YOU DO:
- Mix the yogurt, garlic, lemon juice, and salt and pepper. Place in the fridge.
- Cook the chicken. I cooked mine in a pan with a little olive oil, garlic, and lemon juice. I usually cut the chicken into pieces first and cook it second, but this time for some reason I got it switched and cooked it before cutting it. It didn’t make a difference in the end, though!
- Add the chicken to a bowl. Add a small amount of yogurt sauce and stir.
- Add chopped apple and a little more sauce and stir.
- Add walnuts, a little more sauce, and stir.
- Add crasins, the rest of the sauce, and stir.
Yummy! I love this mix in a wrap or on a toasted bun. It gets better after a day or two as the flavors really meld. Its a great and easy lunch and perfect to take to work!
What’s your favorite chicken salad recipe?